At Mallacoota2020.com.au, we are committed to upholding ethical principles in all aspects of our business. We follow the codes of ethics described by the Information Technology Professionals Association (ITPA) and the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) to ensure that our work aligns with our values and contributes to a better society.
ITPA Code of Ethics:
- Fair treatment: We treat everyone fairly, without discrimination on grounds such as age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religion, race, or national origin.
- Privacy: We access private information on computer systems only when necessary in the course of our duties. We maintain the confidentiality of any information to which we may have access, acknowledging statutory laws governing data privacy such as the Australian Privacy Principles.
- Communication: We keep users informed about computing matters that may affect them, including conditions of acceptable use, sharing of common resources, maintenance of security, occurrence of system monitoring, and any relevant legal obligations.
- System integrity: We strive to ensure the integrity of the systems for which we have responsibility, using all appropriate means such as regularly maintaining software and hardware, analysing levels of system performance and activity, and preventing unauthorised use or access as far as possible.
- Co-operation: We co-operate with and support our fellow computing professionals, acknowledging the community responsibility that is fundamental to the integrity of local, national, and international network resources.
- Honesty: We are honest about our competence and seek help when necessary. When our professional advice is sought, we are impartial and avoid conflicts of interest. If they do arise, we declare them.
- Education: We continue to update and enhance our technical knowledge and management skills through training, study, and the sharing of information and experiences with our fellow professionals.
- Social responsibility: We enlarge our understanding of the social and legal issues that arise in computing environments and communicate that understanding to others when appropriate. We strive to ensure that policies and laws about computer systems are consistent with our ethical principles.
- Workplace quality: We strive to achieve and maintain a safe, healthy, and productive workplace for all users.
In addition to the ITPA Code of Ethics, we also follow the W3C principles for ethical web development, which include:
- The web should not cause harm to society.
- The web must support healthy community and debate.
- The web is for all people.
- Security and privacy are essential.
- The web must enable freedom of expression.
- The web must make it possible for people to verify the information they see.
- The web must enhance individuals' control and power.
- The web must be an environmentally sustainable platform.
- The web is transparent.
- The web is multi-browser, multi-OS, and multi-device.
- People should be able to render web content as they want.
We believe that following these ethical guidelines is essential to our business and personal values, and we are committed to upholding them. If you have any questions or concerns about our ethics policy, please contact us.
References and Links:
- ITPA Code of Ethics: https://www.itpa.org.au/page/CodeofEthics
- Australian Privacy Principles: https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/australian-privacy-principles/
- W3C principles for ethical web development: https://www.w3.org/Consortium/cepc/